Yard waste is collected by the Town the 1st, 15th and 29th of the month.
The Village of Alamance offers curbside collection of yard waste. This service is available during peak growing seasons and at Christmas for Christmas tree removal. Be sure to check the calendar each month to see the exact dates of pick-up.
Curbside restrictions include:
- Limbs no longer than 4 feet long or 6 inches in diameter
- Grass clippings and leaves must be bagged
- No stumps, or tree trunks
- Piles cannot exceed 1.5 cubic yards (4 ft. x 4 ft. x 4 ft.), or 10-12 bags
- All items must be placed curbside on designated service days
Bulk waste is picked up by the Town about every three months, however there is not a set schedule.
Contact the Village of Alamance to schedule a pickup.
Items accepted include:
- Appliances with refrigerant removed and certified (specifically, refrigerators, air conditioners and dehumidifiers)
- Appliances (including stoves, washers and dryers), water heaters, indoor and outdoor furniture, grills, excluding propane tanks
- Household bulk that is too large to fit in trash containers